If you are pregnant and considering abortion, we have the information you need to feel empowered to decide confidently.
Learn About Abortion
Even if you have already chosen abortion for the outcome of your pregnancy, talk with us to learn more about this option. Our staff are knowledgeable, nonjudgmental, and are ready to give you information about:
- Different types of abortion
- Your eligibility for the various procedures
- The risks of each of the procedures
- Recovery from abortion
- Complications of abortion
Learning this information can assist you in prioritizing your health and safety.
Understand Your Pregnancy
The Open Door Pregnancy Center offers free pregnancy testing and ultrasounds. When choosing abortion, gathering facts about your pregnancy through pregnancy testing and ultrasound is necessary—having an ultrasound before an abortion is essential in guarding your health.
An ultrasound is a recommended step in any abortion, including the abortion pill. The following is a list of reasons an ultrasound should not be skipped:
- Confirm your pregnancy: Around 20% of pregnancies end in natural miscarriage. An ultrasound can show if your pregnancy has a heartbeat and is growing, so you can avoid an unnecessary abortion.
- Date your pregnancy: One of the deciding factors in the type of abortion that is recommended for you is how long you have been pregnant. For example, the abortion pill is only FDA-approved for pregnancies under 10 weeks. Beyond 10 weeks, you will need a surgical abortion.
- Locate your pregnancy: Sometimes, an embryo implants in a place other than the uterus causing a life-threatening condition called an ectopic pregnancy. A woman diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy will need treatment immediately, but neither the abortion pill nor surgical abortions treat ectopic pregnancy.
Find Out About Your Other Options
If you aren’t yet sure about abortion, you might have questions about your other options. We are here to answer all your questions about parenting and adoption like:
How can I accomplish my goals if I choose to parent?
How will I find resources for support as a young mom?
Does adoption mean I will never see my baby again?
We Want to Help
At The Open Door Pregnancy Center, all our appointments are free. Contact us today to make an appointment, and let us know how we can help.